As the 36th hospital in the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services group, Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai has joined the BDMS Earth Healthcare policy in solving environmental sustainability problems. Emphasis on creating balance in the social dimension, the economy and the environment are integrated in order to strengthen the balance between humans and the environment. In initiatives that push people toward a good quality of life, a healthy environment and growing together under the concept of “growth, balance, sustainability”.
Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai has established an environmental management system in accordance with the environmental management system standards. And in compliance with the directive to become a “Green Hospital” for executives, doctors, and staff members at all levels. Participate in environmental management responsibilities in line with the environmental policy of Chiang Mai Province to ensure sustainability in continuous operation.
Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai’s goal.
- The environment will be cooperatively protected, taken care of, and maintained. To encourage coexistence in safety by using environmental management system standards, International Organization for Standardization (ISO 14001). In the direction of becoming a Green Hospital
- Establish policies that govern the environment. Support the budget to encourage environmental protection and ongoing development.
- Engage with organizations, communities and stakeholders to work together, in order to foster sustainability in environmental stewardship.
Activities on the hospital’s part.
- Make a move on environmental management in strict accordance with the standards, laws and environmental requirements.
- Form a working group in charge of reviewing regulations to propose measures action plan in accordance with environmental law to propose to the management for consideration to be announced as a practical guideline in the hospital.
- Cooperate with government and private sectors to participate in environmental activities continuously.
- Requires environmental working group to report performance, management, environmental risk assessment presented to the hospital director to be used as information for approval of action plans, allocate budget for improvement continually, evolving achieve the organization’s environmental management objectives and goals.
- Promote and support personnel and communities, study to create an innovation to maintain a healthy environment.