Brain and nervous system are very important for the whole body to function properly. If there is a malfunction, it may be the cause of sleeping problems, weakness limb, paresis and paralysis, or disability to the body. Patient with abnormalities need to be diagnosed accurately and provided with the right and effective treatment with the recovery of the nervous system and the prevention of recurrence which patient can return to live a normal life.
Neuroscience Center of Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai is ready to provide diagnosis, treatment, and comprehensive care by multidisciplinary teams of qualified medical specialists and experienced doctors with modern medical diagnostic equipment and devices. For emergency care, patients can be transferred for rehabilitation and treated by neurosurgeon immediately. In addition, the neuroscience center has a STROKE PATHWAY to reduce the risk of permanent disability and ensure that all patients are treated promptly and fully.
Brain and nervous system common diseases
- Headaches and migraines
- Paresis from stroke
- Abnormal movements and Parkinson
- Burning pain from neuropathy
- Sleep disorders
- Muscular diseases such as myositis or muscle weakness
- Nerve disease such as numbness
- Multiple sclerosis
- Minimal invasive brain surgery with microscopic and navigator technique
- Brain tumor
- Head injury
- Stroke such as cerebral aneurysm and arteriovenous malformation
- Neurological surgery in children
- Ventricular drainage surgery in hydrocephalus
- Transient ventricular drainage surgery
- Spine surgery
- Minimal invasive spine surgery
- Spinal stenosis and herniated intervertebral disk surgery
- Spinal fusion surgery
- Minimal invasive pedicle screw fixation
- Spinal cord tumor surgery
- Spinal cord injury surgery
The modern medical equipment helps in accurate diagnosis. As a result, the treatment is more effective.
- Computerized Tomography Scan (CT Scan)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Transcranial Doppler Ultrasound (TCD) and Carotid Doppler Ultrasound for stroke assessment
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) helps to diagnose brain disease and localization of pathology in the brain including epilepsy diagnosis.
- Electromyography (EMG) is a diagnosis of neurological and muscular diseases such as myasthenia gravis.
- Nerve Conduction Study (NCS) is a diagnosis of peripheral neuropathy
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) helps to treat brain and spinal cord disorders, paresis, hemiplegia and psychiatric disorders.
- Sleep Study
Medical collaboration for potential development and academic and technology exchange
Bangkok Dusit Medical Service (BDMS) collaborates with Nagoya University one of the top three universities in Asia, to strengthen the Thai medical association and share knowledge and experience of medical personnel such as doctor, nurse, pharmacist or other specialist to increase awareness of international medical services and medical research including patient referral between organizations. As a result, patients are treated effectively.
Bangkok Dusit Medical Service (BDMS) collaborates with Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) launching BDMS-OHSU International Health Alliance to strengthen the medical profession by exchanging knowledge and technical skills in order to develop the center of excellence in medicine and occupational health of Southeast Asia. This is another important step for the Thai medical association.
Bangkok Dusit Medical Service (BDMS) together with Prof. Keith L. Black, a world renowned brain surgeon collaborate on technology research projects to increase the future potentiality about treatment of brain and nervous system disorders starting with the treatment of tumors and brain cancer. This partnership will enable BDMS to increase the potential as “Institute of Neurosurgery and Neurology (Neuroscience)” in the Asia-Pacific region.