Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai’s Breast Center is a one-stop service composed of surgeon, radiologist who are specialized in breast, radiation radiologist both diagnostic and radiation therapy internist who is specialized in chemo therapy, pathologist and compliance to international standard.
Our specialists have expertise and highly skills to exam, diagnose and treat women with breast problems including breast cancer, breast tumor, breast cyst, breast pain, nipple discharge and armpit lumps.
…Let’s join early breast cancer detection campaign
Breast cancer is the number one cancer in Thai women. Even though, there are only 40 in every 100,000 Thai women, who are in the fertility age, have breast cancer every year but the trend is going up. However, the mortality rate of breast cancer in women is clearly decreasing if the cancer is detected in an early stage. So, breast cancer screening is very important.
The scariest part of breast cancer is no early warning sign. By the time, you can palpate your own breast lumps, the breast cancer may advance to another stage. From international journal of research studies, all agreed that early breast screening by mammography, can detect the early stage of breast cancer. Mammography procedure is acceptable internationally with a quick result so a physician can start treatment as earliest as possible to increase a chance of survival.
- Ultrasound Women age 35 and up, ultrasound is recommended
- Women age 40 and up, mammogram is recommended
- Women with history of breast cancer
- Women with abnormality symptoms such as palpable breast lump, nipple pain or abnormal discharge, especially blood or red liquid drainage from nipples or chronic nipple wounds
- Family history of breast cancer and/or ovarian cancer, especially direct relatives
- First menstrual period at the age less than 11 or menopause at age more than 55
- Never has any children or has never done any breast feeding
- Prolong use of hormonal therapy such as for birth control, estrogen supplemental or fertility process
- Previous history of breast cancer
- Pathology of breast tissue that indicate high risks for breast cancer such as lobular carcinoma in situ, atypical ductal hyperplasia
- Hodgkin disease, non-Hodgkin lymphoma Received radiation treatment on the chest area such as Lymphoma, Hodgkin disease, Non-Hodgkin disease
Breast Center at Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai’s Services
- Thorough breast examination by the specially trained physician
- Breast examination by mammography and ultrasound machines
- Needle biopsy to obtain tissue sample from the breast
- Needle biopsy
- Breast biopsy
Breast-Conserving & Painless Surgery
Breast cancer surgery at Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai is different because of our multidisciplinary team's proactive approach which continuously monitor the patients' pain levels and provide pain relief medication before the body is hurt.