What are the Zika virus’s symptoms?
- Symptoms are very similar to Dengue disease with a high fever lasting 2-7 days
- Conjunctivitis (Non-purulent hyperemic)
How does the Zika virus spread?
- Mosquito bites
- Sexual contact with an infected man
- Passed from a pregnant woman to her fetus
- Blood transfusion
Is the Zika virus dangerous?
- General symptoms are fever, hives, joints pain and red eyes
- Microcephaly (small head) in the fetus during the first three gestational pregnancy months
How to prevent the Zika virus?
- Prevent mosquito bites by wearing long-sleeve shirts and pants
- Stay in the house with screen doors and windows
- Destroy harboring sources of mosquitos in and outside the house, such as sources of standing water
- Avoid having sex or use condoms with a man infected with the Zika virus or a man who has traveled from declared infectious areas like South America.
Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai doctors are concerned about the health and well being of all children. Avoiding mosquito bites is the best prevention. If you have any questions or concerns, please call Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai at (66) 052-089-765 or Hotline 1719 (Local call only).