This clinic takes care of cancer patients by medical oncologist. Treatments include chemotherapy, targeted therapy, and hormone therapy.
• Chemotherapy is a treatment with anti-cancer drugs. These drugs enter the bloodstream and go throughout the body where cancer cells are to kill cancer cells. Chemotherapy drugs are administered by oral intake or injection.
• Targeted therapy drugs, like any drug used to treat cancer, are technically considered “chemotherapy.” But targeted therapy drugs do not work in the same ways as standard chemotherapy drugs. They are often able to attack cancer cells while doing less damage to normal cells by going after the cancer cells’ inner workings—the programming that sets them apart from normal, healthy cells. These drugs tend to have different side effects than standard chemotherapy drugs.
• Hormone therapy may be used to treat some forms of cancer that depend on hormones to grow. Hormone therapy may include giving hormones to patient or using medications that decrease the level of hormones in the body.
These treatment can be used to:
- Cure the cancer.
- Keep the cancer from spreading.
- Slow the cancer’s growth.
- Kill cancer cells that may have spread to other parts of the body.
- Relieve symptoms caused by cancer.
Cancer Early Detection Clinic
Cancer is a leading cause of death worldwide. The most common types of cancer diagnosed worldwide are Lung cancer, Breast cancer, and Colo-rectal cancer, respectively. Early detection of cancer greatly increases the chance for successful treatment. There are two major components of early detection; education to promote early diagnosis, and screening. Screening refers to the use of simple tests across a healthy population in order to identify individuals who may have the disease but do not yet have symptoms.
You can reduce your cancer risk by:
- Staying away from tobacco.
- Managing a healthy weight.
- Get moving with regular physical activity.
- Eat healthy with plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Limit how much alcohol you drink.
- Protect your skin.
- Know yourself, your family history and your risk.
- Have regular check ups and cancer screening test.
2nd Floor, Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai
Monday: 09:00 – 16:00
Tuesday: 09:00 – 16:00
Wednesday: 09:00 – 13:00
Thursday: 09:00 – 20:00
Friday: 08:00 – 15:00
Saturday: 08:00 – 12:00
Tel: (+66) 052-089-769
Fax: (+66) 052-089-800